Urgent Care Centre
The urgent care centre is open MONDAY to FRIDAY 8am-8pm; SATURDAY, SUNDAY & Bank Holidays 9am - 6pm.
This is a walk-in service. Appointments cannot be booked in advance or booked over the telephone.
Please note this is a first come first served service and we have a set number of appointments available each day. On busier days we can reach capacity by lunchtime and we would recommend you visit us as early as possible.
We can help with the following:
- Minor illness: coughs, colds, sore throats
- Minor stomach upsets
- Minor cuts, grazes, burns and scalds
- Minor skin infections/rashes
- Minor muscular sprains/strains
- Bites and stings
- Urinary tract infections
- Emergency & short term contraception
- Minor head injury
- Minor eye infections
- Minor wound dressings (you must provide the appropriate dressings)
What we are unable to help with:
- Long term health problems and chronic illnesses
- Referrals & investigations for further care
- Medication reviews/Test results/Sick notes
- Repeat Prescriptions without evidence of the medication
- Serious medical & road traffic emergencies
- Severe allergic reactions
- Wounds that require suturing
- Accidental or deliberate overdose of drugs
- Long term wound dressings
- Dental problems
- Emergency follow-up care
In these instances you should make a routine appointment with your own GP or attend A&E in an emergency
On arrival you will be allocated an appointment to avoid a lengthy wait.
We would advise you to arrive promptly prior to your appointment and make sure that you check-in.
You will be seen by either a doctor or a nurse practitioner who will call you via the computer display board in the waiting room.
You can register here if you live within the Ritchie Street Group Practice area.
There may be a charge for some non European country residents.